- Multi-scale wave dynamics (gravity waves, tides, and Planetary Waves).
- Wave coupling to different atmospheric layers (troposphere to ionosphere).
- Sources of gravity waves at high-latitudes; signatures in the neutral and ionized upper atmosphere.
- Comparative studies of Arctic and Antarctic mesosphere and thermosphere dynamics.
- Potential space-weather impacts of gravity waves in the thermosphere/ ionosphere
- Dynamical coupling of waves generated by the South American continent and Antarctica.
- New observational and analysis techniques, and modeling of gravity waves.